Monday, February 24, 2014

February 23, 2014 Letter

Hey Everyone,

Well its good to hear from you guys, and I can definetly send pictures this time, last week the computer didn't have enough memory for the pictures so I got on a different computer and can send pictures, so I will get those sent after this email.

Well This week and last as well were quite eventful. Our house here in Wichap got broken into while we were gone to zone conference and we lost a bunch of stuff. But the good news is that some of the local guys went a caught the guy who is always breaking into houses and he is (at the moment) in jail. I am praying that it stays that way because Chuukese justice system is super weird and sometimes they only spend 2 days in jail then say they are sorry and go back to doing what they were before.  So we will see what happens.  But so basically Elder Peck and I had to buy a lot of food on not a lot of money because the kid stole a lot of it. 

Ohh and it has been raining all week I am very wet and soggy haha.

We are doing good. We are doing a lot of work with the less-active members here in Wichap because everyone that wants to hear the Gospel and be baptized pretty much has been, so Elder Peck and I are working on bringing old members back into the church and they are helping us to find new people to teach as well.

Well I will wrap it up now by saying to everyone; HELP THE MISSIONARIES!!!!!! There are only 2 of them to cover a lot of area, they can not do it without the members help.  There is a great section on it in Preach My Gospel page 160 (there is a reason why it is available to everyone not just missionaries ;) ). My favorite part is the quote from President Gordon B. Hinckley:

"So many of us look upon missionary work as simply tracting.  Everyone who is familiar with this work knows there is a better way.  That way is through the members of the Church.  Whenever there is a member who introduces an investigator, there is an immediate support system.  The member bears testimony of the truth of the work.  He is anxious for the happiness of his or her investigator friend.  He or she becomes excited as that friend makes progress in learning the gospel." 

You guys can read the rest in Preach My Gospel. I gotta wrap it up.  Just know that I love you all and I want the very best for all of you guys!

With soggy love,
Elder Jeff Payne

(sorry to report - but no pictures were sent with this letter from Jeff).

1 comment:

  1. We have a few pictures of Elder Payne. Elder Hunter set a mem card. I will post some to our Elder's blog.

    ReplyDelete