Monday, April 28, 2014

Reading 'Jesus the Christ' and new pictures

March 19, 2014

Dear Family,

Well this past week has been long and hard but I will start with exciting news, last Wednesday I finished reading the Book of Mormon.  I started it in the MTC but then restarted it when I arrived in Chuuk which was Jan 17th. It took me a transfer and a half but I did it! My favorite parts are when both the Nephites and Lamanites are at peace and the church is established through the land, it is too bad that happens so few times and lasts so few years.

So I have started to read Jesus the Christ.  It is a super good book that you need a dictionary to read effectively.  But it has brought some cool things and thoughts that I haven't relized before.  Like there is this part where it talks about miracles in general. Talmage talks about how miracles are phenomena that cannot be explained. By definition God knows everything which we do not. So we need to recognize and remember that we do not know everything so we have to look to the One that does know everything for guidance and revelation in our lives.  So that we can best help and serve those around us.  Also remember to read the scriptures every day and look for and mark anything that has to do with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Atonement, or the Gathering of Israel.  Mark these as you read in 3 separate colors (so you can tell them apart) and it wil surprise you how many  of each there are.

Well I will wrap it up for this letter by saying, I love you guys and want periodic reports on your guys testimonies because I need them as continual witnesses of the Atonement.  I love you guys and send me pictures of stuff (I need a good one of Cocoa)!

With Love,
The Elder Jeff Payne

We received pictures with this letter!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment