Thursday, September 25, 2014

Elder Payne's letter to the Academy Heights Ward - Primary Children

Dear Primary!                                                             September 11, 2014

First, here in Chuuk we greet each other with 'Ran Allim'!  I am sorry that it took me so long to write back to you guys.  It has been quite busy here teaching the people of Chuuk about Jesus Krist and everything He did for us.  I love it here in Chuuk.  It is hot but it rains a ton here so sometimes it gets a little colder, ha ha.

I have eaten dog, but other people usually save it for birthdays or other special occasions.  Some other things I have eaten, octopus (in Chuukese - nipatz), shark (poko), turtle (pwapwa (with long A sounds)), coconut, and crab (amatang).  We eat tons of bananas and drink lots of coconut water.  I love coconuts!

The people here really love and respect the missionaries and they really love Jesus and want to do what he wants them to do.

I will end with my testimony.  I know that this church is true and that God's Priesthood or His power and His authority to baptize and act in His name is in this church. That means that this church, Ewe Mwichifenen Jises Krist ren Aramas mi Pin non Fanson Spodon (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) is the true church of Christ, me wa apasa ekkei mettoch fan itan Jises Krist, amen.

Love Elder Payne


Elder Payne and Chuuk Primary Children
Elder Payne and even more Primary Children


Sunset in the State of Chuuk, Micronesia

The church building on the island of Moen in Chuuk

Beautiful Chuuk Lagoon

Typical hike to visit the people on the island

Elder Payne visiting the children on the island of Uman

Fish and rice for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment