Tuesday, September 22, 2015

News from the Faayi Chuuk District via Snail Mail

Dear Family                                                   September 4, 2015

Well this past little while had been interestging for sure.  Since the last letter I wrote I have been kinda sick, just my stomach hurting like crazy and wanting to do nothing but sleep every few days, haha.  I remember this happening to Elder Kleven as well while I was with him and it turned out that he had two 6 inch worms inside, haha.  So we will see what happens because at the end of my mission the give us the "bomb" where it kills every thing and flushes the system. Ohh those will be some fun days, haha.  Well besides that I am doing good.

I am the District Leader of Faayi Chuuk district. Basically a District Leader just gets the weekly lesson count and gives it to the Zone Leaders.  I also give training once a week to the district and get to do exchanges.  That's about it, not much but still a blessing for sure.

Well, sorry I don't have a lot to write about this week but I will try. So here we go.  First, some background...

This transfer Chuuk got 6 new missionaries.  The trainers are Elders Beard, Leota, White, Moughn, Fili.  Elder Nielson and Kjar are joint trainers.. haha forgot why I was writing this...  oh well, it's gone.  We have 3 new Elders in Faayi Chuuk to help and an old area that was reopened so we have tons of owrk to do and lots of exciting things to do.  The new missionaries names are Elder Gibson from Utah (but he is Marshalese and was adopted by a Utah family), Elder Kiapen from Vanauatu and Elder Marshman from Georgia.  They are all pretty cool and super funny and they always accidentally say something bad when they speak Chuukese.  It is super funny, haha.

So in Monday I went on exchanges Elder Beard but he ended up being sick for most of the time, so I had time for lots of studying, haha.  Tuesday he felt good enough to get out and go. So we walked the hour to his area and visited a young man who will be baptized this Saturday and went over the baptismal questions with him. Elder Beard started feeling bad again so we walked back to the house.  On Wednesday we had District Meeting here in Faayi Chuuk. We have District Meetings at a members house in Pata and she feeds us and then we have the meeting.  It works out well but usually takes all of Wednesday because the boat doesn't us up until 1 or 2 oclock.  The meeting can be anywhere from 2 to 2 1/2 hours and then travel time makes it 5 or 5:30 when we get back to Romalum.

Well I better wrap it up now.

I love you all and thank you all with all my heart.  I am good and that chili you guys sent was AWESOME!! Well, I will see you guys in 4 more months.  Oh that reminds me.  You remember how I wasn't sure if I should try to come home a little early or not?  Well on my calendar I wrote down transfers wrong so the December transfer is not Christmas week it is the week after.  So if everything goes to plan I can be home January 1, 2016. So I thought, what the heck, that would be cool and make it exactly  2 years from when I went into the MTC to coming to you guys at the airport.

Well, so there is the plan, I think the itenerary will come out in the next couple of months. We will know for sure.

Stay safe and prepare a piece of plywood for me, haha.

Love Elder Jeff Payne

Parent's notes:
We received Elder Payne's travel itinerary from the LDS travel office.  He will be home for Christmas!!  Jeff hasn't had much access to his e-mail so I don't think he knows that the travel arrangements have been made.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment