Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June letters from Chuuk


Combined a few e-mailed letters and one written letter from June.  Also snagged a few photos from Sister Obray's FB page.


Dear Family,                                                           June 30, 2014

Well sounds like it was a good couple of weeks.

It sounds like Jay got the most out of EFY this year and it sounds like he had a really soul searching experience as well (and how many numbers did he get this year! hahaha).

And sometimes it is really difficult to see the blessings of certain situations, haha, trust me I know. But ultimately it will be for our benefit all we can do is take it one step at a time and stop every little while and look and see if what we are doing is what the Lord wants us to be doing because  things happen for strange, unknown reasons that will present themselves in the future.

Thank you for the Harrison's address! I have needed some variety in stories ;) haha no offense

That is super cool about Sister Berger's sister haha. Luckily I am not crossing rivers all day, just sliding around in the mud haha.  While we are on the subject how are the Bergers doing? How is early morning seminary going this year? haha I remember those tired mornings well, haha. But I also remember the things I learned (most of them) and looking back I am glad I went all the time because I learned the stories and the spiritual backdrop to them as well.  It helped that I had the best teachers in the world! (Sister Harrison and Sister Berger!!!)

Love
Elder Jeff Payne



Dad,                                                                      June 30, 2014
Hahaha, sorry for no written letter last week.  I sent a letter just the other day. Oh and I just got the other SD card today.  I noticed it was sent a while ago *use sidie pwata* (I dont know why) it took so long to get to my hands.  I will send the one I have now as soon as possible.  I am doing fine and I don't know the new mission president yet.  We don't get to meet him till next week, haha, because he lives 600 miles away.  We only see him once every 3 months.  I will let him know to keep up the FaceBook page.  I am pretty sure he will but I will let him know anyway, haha.
Love you Dad!

Letter received via regular mail

Dear Family,                                                            June 26, 2014

I hope everything is going well for you guys!

Mom and Dad - How's work going?  How are Jay and Kris doing?  Are there any new crazy fun things you have done?  Is my car still in front of the house, ha ha.

Jay - How are things going? Have you gotten a job yet you old fart, ha ha.  How did EFY go?  I want details, not just "it was good".  Any fun new games come out?  If you get a job you can buy your own X-Box One, ha ha.  Do you have any cool longboard stuff now?  If you want, you can have the bearings out of my board, ha ha.

Kristen - How are things going with you?  How is soccer training going or was it volleyball... shoot Va menuki (I forget) ha ha, sorry. How is Cocoa doing?  You should e-mail me a video of Cocoa doing something, ha ha.  I kind of miss that dog, only a little!  Hey Kris I haven't gotten a letter from you in a while or any pictures either, What the heck!

Hey tell the Shingles to write me.  I miss hearing their adventures, ha ha.  And tell Dan and Rochell and the kids to write me.  Speaking of which, did they sell their house and have moved yet?  If so, send me their address so I can write them.  Do you guys know what Dalton's plans was?  When you guys see Carrie and Marlin, ask Kelly if she ever got my letter.  I sent it a long time ago.  Then tell them to email me.  How is Ian doing? Tell him to email me.

I know with out a doubt that the Ewe Mwichenfenin Jises Kraist ren Aramas mi Pin non Fansoun Soponon mi ennet me Wa Sinei pwan Joseph Smith i emon soufosun Kot me Va fakun sinei ewe Puken Mormen ni ennet me Ewe Puken Mormon mi pwan eu Kapasen Pwarata ugun Jises Kraist.  Va Sinei, apw Va fakun senei Kot me Jises Kraist, ra tongei Kich, va fakun tongei kich!  Va apasa ekkei motoch fan itan Jises Kraist, Amen.

I love you guys and always pray for you all the time.

Love,
Elder Jeff Payne


June 15, 2014

Hey, I did get the jacket and shoes you sent, but one of the instant breakfast packets opened and made a big mess in the box. I am super grateful for everything that has been sent.  Tell Jay to have a super good time at EFY and to meet tons of girls and get ALL THE NUMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also go for and look for the spiritual experiences as well because those are what you will remember and will influence you the most, haha, unless the girl lives in New Mexico then you might remember her but really remember the Spirit.
Love you guys,

Love,
Elder Jeff Payne

The Chuuk missionaries seeing Elder Obray off.

Jeff at the Chuuk airport.

Sister Obray posted this picture of the Spam aisle in the grocery store.
Jeff wasn't kidding that they use a lot of Spam!

No comments:

Post a Comment