Monday, January 27, 2014

Wichap

Hey all the everyone,
Well it was another week here on the island of Weno in Chuuk lagoon! 

It was altogether an alright week, me and my companion haven't gotten very far with our investigators but that because here in Chuuk the people think that as long as you worship god it doesn't matter what church you are part of or how you worship so it makes it very difficult to teach them about the true church.  We are definitely going to have a baptism on the 8th (haha that's my birthday but the investigator wont pick me to baptize him because I haven't been able to say anything to him). 

Well church in Wichap is super depressing because like 20 people ever show up, none of them investigators, and rarely will the people who are set up to give talks show up!  So we went and had a super long talk with the branch president, because he is super bummed out about the branch and came up with that Elder Peck and I will start doing a ton of service in the hopes that it will get people to come to church. but we will see what happens. 

I have the runs something fierce right now its awful. I have to get up out of bed about every hour to let everything out then try to get back to bed.  Apparently that is what Chuukese food does to your stomach and it just never gets used to it so we will see what happens.

Well I hope everything is going well at home and email me some pictures of the family and stuff like that.  And let me know how everything is going and how everyone is doing because I miss everyone so much.  Well better wrap it up others are waiting for the computers now.
With all love
Elder Jeff Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment